Ph.Ds of FOOD

Singapore Food Blog

Sarotti Cocktail Pralines

leave a comment »

Sarotti Cocktail Pralines

Sarotti Cocktail Pralines

Sarotti Cocktail Pralines

Sarotti Cocktail Pralines

Spotted a new collection of Sarotti’s pralines at Candy Empire and we couldn’t resist grabbing a box to try. As of now, we haven’t been disappointed with Sarotti’s chocolates.

Unlike the typical pure hard liqueur flavours e.g. rum, vodka, cognac, the box of 28 alcoholic pralines consisted of 4 cocktail flavours.

Cosmopolitan – vodka, triple sec, cranberry and lime juice.
Pina colada – rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice.
Strawberry margarita – tequila, triple sec, strawberry juice.
Caipirinha – cachaça, sugar, lime.

The entire praline was essentially 90% chocolate, with the remaining 10% being the alcoholic liquid centre. There was only a small amount of alcoholic liquid in the centre of the chocolate, hence we could still fully appreciate the smoothness and quality of the chocolate. And as we bit into the praline, a tiny amount of cocktail spurted out.

Taste wise, the cocktails were naturally more fruity and slightly sweeter than the typical hard liqueurs. They didn’t seem to complement the chocolates well, compared to the pure hard liqueurs. We didn’t particularly enjoy the coconut flavoured cocktail too. However, this box of cocktail pralines remains to be unique and affordably priced.

Advertisements

Written by foodphd

June 13, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Posted in Chocolates, Desserts

Tagged with , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: